ACUMENTRICS FAA COMPLIANT UPS POWER SYSTEM SELECTED BY MERCURY SYSTEMS TO SUPPORT BRIEFCASE SIZE RUGGED MINI SERVER
Acumentrics, Inc. announced that the Company's Carry On Power Case™ was selected by Mercury Systems, Inc as a key component for their RESmini XR6 rugged mini server. Featuring the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable (Skylake) Processors and bundled with Acumentrics' new FAA-compliant power case, the RESmini can operate independently for two hours without a power source.
“We’ve been listening carefully to our customers who’ve consistently expressed the need for IT infrastructure more suitable for expeditionary operations”, stated Michael Schneider, Vice President of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group (formerly Themis Computer). “The RESmini XR6 is a very small, environmentally resilient, enterprise class server which is ideally suited for expeditionary operational profiles. When combined with the FAA-compliant Carry-On Power Case™, operators can travel with the RESmini in a commercial aircraft’s overhead bin and operate it in virtually any power environment.”
RESmini XR6 Highlights
- A Data Center in a Briefcase
- Designed to be on the Move
- Operation in the Most Stringent Environments
For applications that require autonomous operation, the RESmini can be fully integrated within a FAA Carry-On Compliant UPS Power Case. Designed by Acumentrics, the System delivers versatile power in a rugged, lightweight, and portable case.
“The RESmini Carry-On Power Case System is designed to be completely autonomous and flexible.” said Steve Corbesero, Senior VP for sales and marketing at Acumentrics. “The system automatically adjusts to the AC power on hand and will even run on a 12/28 volt DC power source commonly found on an aircraft, military vehicle, or light commercial vehicle.”
RESmini Power Case Features:
- Designed for the field: The entire RESmini power case system weighs 47lbs and features a 4”x11”x14” internal electronic bay that can power the RESmini along with other small electronics. The Military standard waterproof casing is molded out of high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin that resists UV, solvent, corrosion, fungus, and impact damage. A patented trigger release latch system and an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve along with a lockable lid that enhances security on the field.
- Dense embedded power: The power case provides over 100 minutes of autonomous run-time for typical operations and can be powered by both AC (100-240V, 47-400Hz) and DC (10-30V) power. This ensures operation across a multitude of global voltages and frequencies as well as inside a vehicle. The case can also be powered by standard military batteries. Optional hot swappable battery packs that increase run time are available.
- Built in Safety: The system is designed to meet UN-DOT 38.3 for FAA compliance. A fail safe battery disconnect prevents battery drainage and ensures safety during transport. Wheels, retractable handles, and cushioned grips assure smooth transport for mission-critical operations on the move.
Acumentrics, Inc., headquartered in Walpole, Massachusetts, has been a trusted market leader in Rugged UPS™ (rugged AC and DC uninterruptible power sources) for harsh and combat environments, since 1994. Acumentrics U.S. design and manufacturing teams are experts at delivering Total Power Solutions, when clean power is mission critical under extreme conditions. Whatever your power system needs are, from Rugged UPS electrical performance, rugged connectivity, cables, backplanes, PDU, transit cases, racks, battery packs and their associated chargers for high energy or high-power applications, with the latest cyber secure communication interfaces, Acumentrics develops its offerings to your requirements, as it has done for many of the world’s largest prime defense contractors and heavy industrial manufacturers.
Mercury Systems and Innovation That Matters are trademarks of Mercury Systems, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.